We specialize in US taxes and our services include the following:

  • US Expatriate Tax Return Preparation for US citizens and green card holders
  • Individual Income Tax Return Preparation and related tax matters including State tax filing (Form 1040)
  • US Tax Reporting for non US citizens with US Investments and claims for refund (Form 1040NR)
  • Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR) FinCEN Form 114 and individual FATCA compliance
  • Prior-Year Tax Return Preparation – Streamlined Filing Form 14653, 14654 and Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP)
  • US Initial and Annual Expatriation Statement Form 8854
  • Prepare, review and assist with IRS Form W-9, W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E, W-8ECI, W-8EXP, and W-8IMY
  • Trust, Estate and Gift Tax Compliance
  • US Tax Planning and Consulting for US citizens and Foreign individual pre-immigration planning (before obtaining green card)
  • Liaison with the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and representation
  • Individual Hong Kong tax return preparation
  • US Tax Return for Taxpayers arriving or departing Hong Kong or other foreign country

We will help you throughout each step:

One common question we frequently receive is: Do I need to file a US tax return?

If you are a US citizen or resident alien, the rules for filing income tax returns are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. If you live outside the United States and you earn wages, you generally would still need to file a US individual income tax return.

The deadline for filing US tax returns remains the same – April 15th, but the IRS allows an automatic 2 month extension if you meet certain requirements and live outside the United States. Please keep in mind that you will still need to pay any taxes due by April 15th or interest will start to be calculated on the amount you owe until you file and pay your taxes.

Filing tax returns also allows taxpayers to claim exclusions and tax credits. If a US citizen does not file their tax return, they may miss out on valuable credits and exclusions. Even worse, if you fail to file, you may be liable for significant penalties and interest payments which continuously accrue.

If you have further questions or want to speak with a US tax consultant, please contact us today or request a quotation to find out how we can help.