A tax transcript is a tax record with key information from the federal US tax returns that you filed previously. If you lost your return and need to find out how much taxes you owe or verify payments you made which is more than 18 months ago, you can obtain free Form 1040-series transcript types online on ‘Get Transcript’ page of IRS.gov website. You can also get transcript by mail and the transcript will normally arrive in 5 to 10 calendar days at the address that you provide on your latest tax return. Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ can be used to get a transcript with most of the information on your tax return for current tax year and prior 3 processing years.


Apart from getting a transcript of your tax return, you can request a copy of your prior year tax return by paying $50 fee for most of the cases. Copies of Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ are generally available for 7 years since the date your tax return was filed. Form 4506 is used to request a copy of your tax return.


If you have any further enquiries, or if you require assistance in filing tax returns, please contact us and we will let you know what solutions are available.