- Do I need file US individual income tax?
In order to determine if you need to file US individual income tax return, you may refer to the following online tool on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website HERE.
- What different filing statuses are available on Form 1040 Individual Income Tax Return?
There are 5 main filing status available on Form 1040 as listed below:
- Married filing jointly
- Married filing separately
- Head of Household
- Qualified Widower
- Where can a taxpayer check their refund status? If any
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has made it easier for taxpayer to track their refund status online. You may check HERE.
- What is difference between standard and itemized deduction?
The difference between the standard deduction and itemized deduction is as follows:
- The standard deduction lowers your income by one fixed amount. For detailed information on standard deduction you may refer to click HERE.
- The itemized deductions are made up of a list of eligible expenses such as state and local income tax paid, real estate taxes, and medical and dental expenses.
You can claim whichever lowers your tax bill the most.
Above is aimed to provide general guidance only, to know more in detail on any of the above questions, please consult with your tax adviser or contact us today.
Leave A Comment